Get Tested Today
If you are sexually active, you are at risk for having or contracting an STD. You should have yourself tested, especially if you think you might be pregnant. Even if you are using contraception, there are no forms that are 100 percent successful in preventing the spread of STDs. LifeTalk Resource Center provides free testing for common STDs. We can also educate you on how these STDs are spread and the common symptoms that might indicate the presence of a sexually transmitted disease.
How do I Know if I have an STD?
Since many people do not experience any symptoms at all when first infected, it can be difficult to know if you have an STD.
Here are some of the most common symptoms of STDs.
- Fever and chills
- Painful sex
- Abnormal discharge from the genitals
- Severe itching or swelling around the genitals
- Painful urination
If you are experiencing these symptoms, you should make an appointment to get tested as soon as possible. We provide safe, free, and confidential testing at our center.
More About STDs
Here are some facts about sexually transmitted diseases that you may not know.
- You can get an STD the first time you have sex.
- Many STDs have no cure, while others can be treated through medication.
- Most people infected with an STD don’t know it.
- Many STDs can be transmitted to a baby during pregnancy or birth.
If you are pregnant and considering abortion, get tested first. You owe it to yourself to be safe. Contact us today to get tested.